Tuesday 8 November 2016

Hocus-Potus

Since June I have had absolutely no faith in pundits, polls and predictions about the results of elections. I have read in recent months many comments on the Presidential Elections - and found myself in agreement with people whose position I would not have comprehended in the past - and equally been amazed by the unshakeable [and to me, rather strange] opinions of others who I thought I understood. By Wednesday, we should know who will be moving into the White House. And may God bless America.

America! America!
God mend thine every flaw,
Confirm thy soul in self-control,
Thy liberty in law!

America! America!
God shed His grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

7 comments:

  1. I will be casting my vote later, today. The whole world is watching the outcome of this election, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What ever happens I think the US is going to need more than prayers!!I do not fancy either of the candidates nor do my American friends, in fact one of them has said she will not vote at all. If big mouth Trump wins they need to cover the big red button with tape to stop him pressing the thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela, I want to thank you. Reading your blog this morning brought a tear to my eyes. Many in America are truly good people who feel terrible about our options this election. Someone said it's like a race between Nixon and Mussolini. The whole country is on tender hooks as we wait to see which train wreck we'll wind up with. I appreciate the U.K. blogs I read each day. It helps to remember there's a bigger world out there with many wonderful people in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elise - For more than 150 years, your money has been imprinted with the words "in God we trust", and for than 60 years that has been the official motto of the USA. Hang on to that - in my experience God is the ONLY one on whom we can reliably trust when life appears to be falling apart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the song in Pollyanna! I pray for America.Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Angela! No matter who wins, God is always in control and that gives me peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angela, we all need to hope the US can mend some of its divides - and soon! Take care. Cheers from carole's chatter

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!