Rosie rides around in a Bugaboo Bee. Now she is getting the hang of food, her buggy is rather crumb-spattered. Liz looked at the idea of a washable liner. But they are very expensive .
Could I make one please ?
I bought some 4oz wadding and pretty fabric, and some wide bias binding.
The whole process was remarkably easy.
- Make a paper pattern of the seat, marking the position of the straps
- Cut this out once in wadding , and twice in fabric.
- Pin together and zigzag round the edge, to make a wadding sandwich
- Now do some straight lines of stitching to stop the layers from shifting
- Use close zigzag or buttonhole stitch to define the position of slots.
- Cut strap slots with sharp scissors, or a rotary cutter and quilting rule
- Bind the edges neatly with tape
- That's it