Tuesday 20 February 2018

Let There Be Light

We have new street lighting. Dorset Council say it will be cheaper to run and cause less light pollution. The team of men came in the middle of last week, and parked their vans all down the road [unfortunately it was dustbin day, but the binmen still managed to empty all our bins] 
Four different guys worked on the light outside our house and completed the whole road in one day. The new light is noticeably bluer- not yellow, and the shade on the top deflects the light downwards. The light went into the same hole- so I still have to take care coming on and off the drive in my car.

I am grateful that we have good street lighting - it makes us all a little safer, don't you think?

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I like good street lighting but I am enjoying our local lights going off at midnight. My bedroom is a bit darker (even though I also have a black-out blind and black out curtains) and I sleep better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is good to have adequate lighting! When I lived in Billericay, I used to have to walk through the path alongside the park and the lighting was terrible and it was always scary. P.S. Surprisingly for you, there is a 'their/there' homophone error in the second sentence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have new street lights! There are street lights on the main road up the block, but not down the street on which I live, which is a residential street.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!