Tuesday 3 September 2019

Inspired By Nature

After visiting the quilt shop at the Raveningham Centre, Bob and I then paid our money and went round the Waveney Sculpture Trail. This is the 6th year that this group has presented a trail, and last year they had over 3000 visitors.
Check out the website for more information, and far better photographs than mine.
We loved it, so much to see and do, very well laid out, and such a diversity of media - metal, fabric, wood, natural materials, glass, recycling.... Some artists had just one piece, others had a number of entries, dotted about the route.
We were given a well designed guide sheet at the entrance.
I liked these fingerposts which were all round the trail. Some had quotes from famous people, others had lists of birds' names, others just Norfolk sayings. 
A real mixture of styles and skills - stitching, crochet, painting, forging, glassmaking, knitting, weaving, sculpting, carpentry, carving...
We both loved these two fish pieces, by the same chap. The first, a large fish swimming through rusty seaweed, was made from knives and spoons.
The second, a shoal of silver swimmers, moved and shimmered if you stroked the rods beneath.
This was definitely one of the best holiday trips this summer [even without the bonus of the quilting ladies]
This show runs for another week. If you can get there, I'd recommend it - I know that a number of you reading this live in East Anglia!
As I say, the website is worth looking at. If you like looking at modern art, this is worth the money.

1 comment:

  1. I adore metal work featuring fish so I'd love to see this. I still very clearly remember a work in a gallery in Southwold that was a large piece of driftwood with tiny copper fishes on poles like your shoal above. It was so very beautiful. I always wish I could have bought it or had a big enough house to accommodate such a piece!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!