Thursday 26 September 2019

To Donate - Or Not?

Another quote from Joshua Becker, rapidly becoming my favourite writer on the subject of minimalism.
I was very organised about my CS donations during Lent and up until Kids' Club. Since the summer holiday, I confess I've lapsed. 
I'm attempting to get back into good habits again, keeping a bag in the spare bedroom and adding to it whenever I realise I've got something I no longer need or use. I took a load of perfectly wearable, but unwanted, tops into Wimborne Hospice Shop yesterday. They were not blessing me and they could be blessing someone else. 
Unfortunately I also discovered this week that I will never be able to donate blood again. It appears that if you have ever suffered from Post Viral Fatigue Syndrome, you are precluded from any further donations [even if you recover] I'm a bit sad about that - but grateful I've managed to give away plenty of my B Negative Red Stuff during the last 45 years. I'm glad too that my daughters are regular donors. 
A good reminder to give what you can, when you can, because circumstances do change. 



2 comments:

  1. I was really upset when I was told that I would not be able to donate blood again because of the tablets that I now have to take all the time. I had to be given blood once and was grateful that somebody else had donated it for me to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just this week discovered JB. I like his style on decluttering sans the words 'spark' and 'joy'!!Well, I set to getting rid of some books from my already burgeouning bookshelves and yesterday at work, where the boss has had the painters in, she set me to decluttering her bookshelves and guess what?? I came home with two large sewing books and three gardening books!!I'll obviously be distributing them to the stitchers and gardeners in the family!!You can't win sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!