Wednesday 21 February 2024

Just To Say Thank You

So many people have been kind and helpful in the last week or so. I cannot possibly them all, but here are a few...

The guy at North Tuddenham Garage  As I turned off the A47, about 3 miles from home, an orange warning light flashed up "Tyre pressure low, check asap". Bearing in mind that another blogger had recently mentioned an incident where this happened, then the tyre exploded, I was a little anxious. I was nearly home but passing the garage. I pulled in and went inside "Hello, are you OK?" said the woman at the desk "Yeah, I'm fine - but I'm not sure about my tyres" I said. She fetched a young chap from the workshop, who checked all the tyres, and two were rather low, so he pumped them all up to the correct setting, "Do you know how to reset the warning message?" I said I didn't, the car is new to me. He showed me and wished me a safe journey home. "What do I owe you?" I said, and he grinned "Nothing!" 
Then my church friends- so many have volunteered help in one way or another with the club, which starts this morning. Yesterday at noon I posted in the WhatsApp group that we would be getting everything ready at 2.30pm, and would appreciate help chair shifting etc. Nick, the pastor, and five others turned up. All the furniture was sorted by 3pm.  
Bob was there till 5pm working on the technical stuff. [thanks Bob] Do you like the coat-of-many-colours? I made that about 25 years ago. It's been used loads of times since in plays and holiday clubs etc.
Thank you to Karen, at Sew Creative in Norwich. After 20+ years, the time has come to upgrade my machine and she was so helpful, answering all my questions. I went in with 2 models in mind, and she suggested a third [between the two in price] I was able to try everything out, and take my time, and finally reached a decision. There will be more about this later.
Thank you to Rosie for a lovely time last week. We did so much, and learned so much, and read lots of fun books...and her visit was top-and-tailed by seeing the rest of her family. Jess is a proper little character too. What fun we all had together.
Thank you to my neighbour Justine, and her daughter Brooke - good friends in the everyday ups and downs of life.
Thank you Kirsten - the collaborative stitching continues to prove both a challenge and a joy -and I am sure I have learned much more than I would have done without it.
Thank you to Nina [and her Mum] at the Flow Craft Cafe in Dereham - in the last four months you have become such a good friend, a kindred spirit in the craft world - and provider of the best teacakes too.
Thank you to you, my blogfriends, who have posted such encouraging comments- and some sent lovely private email messages. And I see those same people posting on other blogs with kind words too. I know some regard the internet as a dark and sinister space- but there are wonderful corners of love and light and friendship too. 
The kids at one Leicester school where I did lots of supply work loved the song which had the chorus "So I mustn't forget, to say a great big thankyou - no, I mustn't forget"  
Thank you Lord for all these good people
What are you thankful for this week?



 

25 comments:

  1. My dear old Gran always said what we give to others always comes back in kind and I know that to be true, your list speaks for itself. How kind of every one it lifts one's heart doesn't it? I am thankful for my family and friends and especially seeing my older sister visiting us from Norfolk this week, for my dearest husband who is such a kind and thoughtful man, my two lovely sons and much, much more. Your post made me stop and be grateful for so much in my life, Thank You. Regards Sue H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to spend time with family [especially ones from beautiful Norfolk!]

      Delete
  2. That sounds like 'Autumn Days'. A lovely positive email! So many kind people around. In the market yesterday, the man on the bread and olive stall only charged me for my olives, not the 2 white rolls I got too. He surely needs that money more than I do. And kind people really are everywhere! Kxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you too Angela, for always having something interesting and informative to write in your daily posts. I always look forward to reading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your posts too - especially your flower pictures

      Delete
  4. Susan From Across the Pond21 February 2024 at 11:51

    I'm thankful for the kindness and encouragement your blog brings. Reading your blog has brought me inspiration and comfort. It's a bright spot in my mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely that so many people have helped you and how absolutely wonderful for you to thank them all publicly. I always panic about tyre pressure warning lights too, so that was a really nice guy at the garage to check and help you with them.

    What am I most thankful for this week ... the Lent prayers arriving by email into my phone first thing every morning. What a lovely start to my day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a lovely way to get your Lenten prayers. I'm enjoying Delia's reflections- but at random times of the day [I do try and read them before bedtime though]

      Delete
  6. We've enjoyed having our 7 yo granddaughter for a few days, even though she cost me money buying her wool and crochet hooks, she goes to an after school club for crochet and a book. Granny will always buy her books. But I must thank you for your interesting blog and letting us inside your lovely family's life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is part of Granny's job description to buy books!

      Delete
  7. Yes, thank you for your most interesting, informatiove, and delightful blog!
    I'm thankful that our kids, Z&L are planning to move from FLorida to our neck of the woods!! Do pray they find the right house not too far away, please!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post today and it’s always interesting to read about others’ lives and hobbies. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thankful for the beautiful scenery that surrounds us and the wildlife that surprises us from time to time. I'm thankful that we have good neighbours quite close to us, even if we can't see their houses in summer for the trees. I'm thankful for so many years, still having mobility and sight and hearing. I'm thankful for you Angela, and others who take the trouble to inspire us with thoughtful and entertaining blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mobility, sight and hearing are things we easily take for granted - until we lose them!

      Delete
  10. You do so much for others that it seems only right that others would be helpful to you, too. I do like how you've thanked everyone and I thank you for your blog posts and encouragement over the years. I still read the two prayers you sent me, every day, when I say my other prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog is always so uplifting. I'm thankful for that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Late to this but had to say how lovely it was to read - Thank You x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!