Tuesday 13 February 2024

The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway*

Over the weekend, Jess decided it was a cold winter's day, and that we all needed to visit Elsa's Ice Palace whilst her parents were at Lidl. We fetched the storage basket from the Futility Room, and she gave out hats, scarves and gloves. Then she got us dancing to "Let it Go". 

I wonder why Frozen has become so popular - I suppose the sequel and the stage show have much to do with that. And the sparkly dresses and catchy tunes. 

Frozen I and Frozen II come in at 2nd and 3rd behind Lion King as the highest grossing Disney movies of all time.
Disney is celebrating 100 years of moviemaking with various "Master Craft Special" models - Alice in Wonderland, Buzz Lightyear, Mickey Mouse as The Sorcerer's Apprentice. 
And this model of the Ice Palace. Only £335! Pre order now for release on 31st of March. [The day before April Fool's Day, I make no further comment]

[*The only line I can remember from Let It Go!]


18 comments:

  1. So much money!
    I recently saw Frozen, the Musical. It was superb!
    I think the idea of Girl power is a lot of its success and anything to do with winter and snow is magical! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I;m sure you will soon be making a model of the Ice Palace with Rosie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frozen definitely caught on quickly didn't it? I remember when the first Frozen came out we had a visit from a friend of ours with his then 5 year old daughter who asked did I like Frozen when I said a tentative yes she said "Oh good you and me can sing the songs from the film". A stretch too far as I hadn't seen the whole film just snatches of it. She started belting out "Let It Go" with lots of gestures, so I just made la la noises and she seemed happy with that. It looks like you had a good time. regards Sue H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we did. The children don't seem too fussed if you don't know all the words - la la la and waving hands seems to save the day!

      Delete
  4. Aww, that looks like a fun time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say " Let it go" to the purchase of the Ice Palace. JanF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen any of the Frozen movies as we have no little ones in the family. I watched The Barbie Movie for £1.99 on Prime at the weekend but all the hype just passed me by! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to see Barbie. I will get round to it sometime

      Delete
  7. What a priceless gift it is to have little granddaughters with wonderful imaginations! Enjoy!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun time! It's so important to engage in play with the little ones. Since I have no grandchildren of my own, I'll just enjoy watching you have a fun time with yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun to play dress up with the granddaughters. The cold has always bothered me, I'm afraid. I've only seen part of an Elsa movie and I didn't care for it, the figures don't appeal to me, something about the eyes. But Frozen is meant for children and if they enjoy it, that's great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how much enjoyment is found in a basket of hats and scarves

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!