Sunday 8 June 2008

Gesundheit!

We had a lovely service this evening on Psalm 20, and blessing. It was good to talk with others, and bless them and feel blessed by them. Lynda and Gwen sang beautifully. Bob gave us a sheet of Celtic prayers and blessings, and encouraged us to consciously bless others as we go about our week. A few months ago I decided to end my emails "Love and blessings" and have been surprised by the number of people who have responded positively to that.

Here's one ofceltic cross the prayers

A Familiar Stranger

I saw a stranger today.

I put food for him in the eating-place

And drink in the drinking-place

And music in the listening-place.

In the Holy name of the Trinity

He blessed myself and my family.

And the lark said in her warble

Often, often, often, goes Christ in the stranger's guise.

O, oft and oft and oft, goes Christ in the stranger's guise.

Celtic Rune of Hospitality

Not quite so sure about this next one though! Mustn't use it for my friend Carole who currentlybroken leg has her leg in plaster!!

May those who love us, love us.

And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts;

And if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles,

So we will know them by their limping!

We also sang "Best be the Tie that Blinds" but in the entire congregation, only Brian was wearing a tie, bless him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!