Saturday 21 July 2018

The OTHER Bob Almond

I know about "The Other Boleyn Girl" - but who is this chap?
This parcel arrived for him last Sunday afternoon as we were just going out to church.
You remember my great excitement when we went to Worcester and saw the giraffes, and then found ourselves on the Gtech video clip (here)
Well, the story didn't end there. Bob had a message from Gtech to say he'd won a prize in their selfie competition. 
So now he is the proud of a Gtech Multi handheld vacuum cleaner!
It is a lovely little thing. Full description here. It has extra heads, a flexible extension tube and a neat crevice tool which stores in the handle.
It's not too heavy to use, appears to hold a charge well, and is excellent for doing stairs and the car. 
Years ago we had a Black and Decker DustBuster [always referred to as the Bust Duster in our family] Technology has clearly moved on a lot since then.
The suction power is greater, the time it stays charged is longer, and the accessories are better. Also the dust reservoir is easy to empty and the foam filter washes efficiently and dries quickly.
It is over twenty years since I purchased my Sebo upright vac. That's still going strong, and I love it - but it's one drawback is that it is hard to manipulate on the stairs. This little gadget fills that gap. It has similar specs to the Dyson handheld and retails at around £150. Personally I prefer the design of the Gtech [made in the UK] 
I'm thrilled Bob has won this - he is delighted to be able to keep the interior of his new Skoda sparkling clean, and equally impressed with the staircarpet! Thank you Gtech. 
The other Bob Almond? 
That must be the one with a sudden enthusiasm for house cleaning! 

4 comments:

  1. Well done Bob! I have a Gtech upright and it is one of the best household things I have ever bought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'bust duster' brought a smile to my face! Many years ago we had a Goblin Handyvac which was known in the family as a'handy gob' after my toddler son got a bit confused!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how lovely that Bob won that! You deserve to win a lovely prize!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this useful info..
    vector tracing

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!