Sunday 26 May 2024

The Lord's Day

It's Sunday, and so whatever else I do today, I shall be thinking of the friends back home in our little chapel, joining to worship God. [We briefly joined in a service yesterday in Sacre Coeur] But the wonderful thing is, whether in a chapel with a few, a cathedral with hundreds, or just alone, I can pray and praise God, and feel his love, peace and joy in my heart.

Worshipping alone is good - having friends with me is a bonus and a joy. May you be blessed today, however, wherever you choose to worship










8 comments:

  1. Sometimes, it is good to worship with others. Other times, however, worshipping alone is just what one needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad and I always joined in a Sunday service wherever we were. Once we went to a lovely Methodist Chapel in Wales and only after the service started did we realise it was in Welsh. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We joined in part of a service in Sacre Coeur, and understood some, and recognised the hymn

      Delete
  3. I haven't attended a church service in person since the covid pandemic started; livestreams, zoom and broadcast services have been great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been one aspect of COVID which has proved so helpful. We still have "hybrid" services at chapel - on person, or on zoom OR phone. Brilliant

      Delete
  4. I joined in at Hexham abbey alongside my MiL and dear friends and it was GLORIOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!