Saturday, 22 August 2026

Artistically Anxious Angela

Such a thoughtful Flat Gift arrived with my squares this week. K picked up on my request about improving my art work.

The blurb says "On each spread, illustrator John Bigwood has given a colourful and quirky watercolour outline of a person/people, with humorous suggestions of features to copy. Don't worry about wonky lines, weird features, smudges or scribbles as every stroke of your pen adds personality and flair.
This fun and accessible exercise is great for anyone who wants to practise their drawing."
You get a page of ideas, and opposite, a coloured splodge to decorate, like these...


I will show you when I have tried some of these out...thanks again K.


6 comments:

  1. I liked the way he really doesn't worry about colouring inside the lines... it makes his little pictures look very lively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie was very taken with the book too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your earlier post (about egg heads) has inspired me to have a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks a great idea and look forward to seeing your drawings. Catriona

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!