The family dropped round, and I bought out the packet of Party Ring biscuits I'd hidden in the cupboard.
Rosie immediately cried "Grandma! Can we do the Biscuit Face Challenge?" So we all had a go. The rules
- biscuit is placed on forehead and moved to mouth
- only move it using facial muscles, no touching
- if biscuit falls, you are out [pick it up, dust it, eat it!]
- one minute time limit
We all took part with differing results. Rosie changed seats after her first ring went down the back of the sofa. Jess was happy just looking through the hole
Bob concentrated really hard, and succeeded. At least he said he did. Unfortunately I'd turned away at the crucial moment so didn't actually see the ring disappear. But I trust him!
Important extra Cornerstones rules -
- nobody gets more than three tries
- biscuits down the back of sofa should be retrieved promptly and put in the bin
I may be a grown-up, but I still enjoy Party Rings - they have "less fattening centres" as they used to say in the Maltesers ad.
Have you played this game in your family?
Why do children love Party Rings so much?




I have never heard of this game! It sounds an absolute hoot!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely one to play when the family visit
DeleteHaha, I feel for the party rings that fall down the back of the sofa ... they too should be dusted down (extra carefully) and enjoyed minus any fluff.
ReplyDeleteYou would have laughed at Alan's face the other day he was sat on the back step at the bungalow eating his lunch part of which was a Scotch egg and as he took a bite the whole egg fell out of the centre and rolled towards the soil mountain. He looked SO disappointed. So I said why not just rinse it under the outside tap, which he did, and popped it back into it's sausage-meat surround. :-)
You obviously take the Five [and a bit] Second Rule very seriously in your house! My gran used to say "You have to eat a peck of dirt before you die" Bob says in his family it was a bushel. [which is four times as much dirt]
DeleteLooks a fun game to play, not heard of that before, we all like party rings. A face off in our family is our small dog looking at another dog, both wagging their tails wondering which one will go and have a sniff first.
ReplyDeleteπΆππ
DeleteThe game looks fun, but I don’t like those biscuits π€ππ
ReplyDeleteAlison in Devon x
Other round biscuits work just as well !! πͺπͺπͺ
DeleteI can remember playing this game as a child but funnily enough I don’t like the biscuits. I used to pick the icing off and then eat the plain biscuit. Catriona
ReplyDeleteπͺπͺπͺππͺπͺπͺ
Delete