The wonderful Dolly Parton has left us, to go and sing with the angels! She will be greatly missed by so many. Her nephew paid a moving tribute.[see video below]
I loved her, for her music, her honesty and her openness about her faith. I loved her generosity - helping children in the US get to College, and her worldwide Imagination Library [my own grandchildren benefited from the books they received through that] I am appalled that the hypocritical President says flags will fly at half mast for a week at the same time as his Republican Party is withdrawing funds from the I.L.across the States.
When she learned that the doctor who once treated her after a car crash was working on a vaccine for Covid, Dolly's immediate response was to pull out her chequebook and donate $1M to help. Thanks Dolly, I had my Moderna Jab!
Dolly once said “God has a plan for everything. I think it probably was his plan for me not to have kids so everybody’s kids could be mine. And they are now.”

I think the Imagination Library books make a lovely personal connection to Dolly Parton.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know that story about the covid vaccination, thank you for sharing that too; I guess that gives millions of people another personal connection 😀
Watch this clip https://youtu.be/OjbSWebA3Ko?is=fHP33Ss72rTVthBv
DeleteI have never been a country music fan but I had a great amount of respect for Dolly. She was an excellent example of someone who really understood the message of Christ and put his words into action.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely, wise, kind and generous - and always standing up and speaking out for the poor, the young and the marginalised.
DeleteI agree with everything you have said. Dolly was one of life's greats. Just a wonderful, loving, giving person, she will be missed world wide. God bless her RIP. Sue H
ReplyDeleteShe has left a great legacy of generosity
DeleteWhat a lovely video. She was much loved by her family and its nice to think that they will carry on some of her works. She was super, wasnt she!
ReplyDeleteShe WAS super!
DeleteSo very sad at Dolly's passing. Such a wonderful,generous woman. I have loved her music since the 1970's, unlike my hard rock pals. I saw a clip of get singing "vaccine,vaccine..." to the tune of Jolene. My fave memory of her is at Glastonbury when she asked the audience for "an Amen". 200,000 people called "amen". Wonderful. May she truly Rest in Peace
ReplyDeleteHer audience at Glasto was the largest ever, I think one obit has said
DeleteShe took a great deal of flack from the film and music industry and must have fought really hard to be taken seriously as an actress (everyone boo-hoo'd me when I first bought her album 'Trio' which she made with Linda Ronstadt and Emmylou Harris and they all sang like angels then).She also had the Glastonbury crowd eating out of her hand! Hope they show Sweet Magnolias this weekend. An absolute gem of a film. I'll be crying even harder at the end!
ReplyDeleteOr '9 to 5' 😢
DeleteThanks for writing this tribute x
ReplyDeleteAlison in Devon x
👍
ReplyDeleteI loved Anne Hathaway's tribute to her on her Insta. Unlike many celebrities, she didn't post a picture of herself with her and say she would be missed, she posted pics of Dolly alone (funnily enough, a week ago, she posted a photo of them together) and posted saying what we all now need to do to fulfill her legacy of generosity. She was an amazing, faith - actioned lady!
ReplyDeleteYes she was
Delete