Monday 13 October 2008

Are we nearly there yet?

Sometimes life seems unbelievably non-stop. The last few days [OK Bob, most of the last 30 years] have felt a bit like that.

After the amazing day that was last Thursday, Friday was full of planning and preparation and stuff - SO good to have Steph at home, helping me. Then Saturday we were woken at 5.50am [alarm was set for 6 anyway] by a phone call from Liz, who was ill in London. Fortunately all was OK in the end, and she's fine now.

emba I went off to the Baptist Association Day in Heanor [great devotions, Julie, thanks. I see why you needed 3 candles now - but you could always have picked some up en route at IKEA!]

Felt slightly guilty that my seminar was about not treating the family in the Manse as Unpaid Curates, when I had left Steph and Mark [on his first ever trip to Kirby Muxloe] preparing lunch and also making popcorn for the Family Service!

In the afternoon we persuaded Bob to stop work for a bit too, andbradgate we went for a stroll round Bradgate Park, which was looking wonderfully autumnal. The tea in the Jade Tea Rooms was lovely too.

Then in the evening, it was back to church for the Cliff As If... concert. That was amazing. He is SO good and

cliff x 2

he DOES look - and sound - like Cliff. More pictures on the website here.

The audience loved it - especially the lady behind me, who was positively swooning!

It was not just all the fun songs though - the gospel was presented clearly too. I was thrilled to read Will's comments on his blog today;

"Just one other note, the Kirby Muxloe gig on Saturday evening was I feel the best show I have done so far. It sounded great, the audience were amazing (a full house), and I had two encores!"

Sunday was busy, but fun - a Family Service about Anger, using a number of film clips.shrek_and_fiona I wasn't altogether sure about the wisdom of the Shrek Clip [daughter brings her bloke home for first time, and father gets very angry] Fortunately Mark didn't take it personally!

In the afternoon,Bob took Steph and Mark to the station and I went to the service at the Blind Home. Steve led it brilliantly on the theme of Treasure. Then I raced back to the United Service 'One World Week' at St Barts. Yes, we are ahead of everyone else who celebrate OWW NEXT week - but here in Kirby Muxloe we like to be individuals! Bob preached on Psalm 24.

Home at last - and phonecalls to daughters and from my brother. Fell asleep watching "Frost"

Then up early today for a week in school.Hope the rest of my week with this class goes as well as today. We are looking at Poetry in literacy, and today's poem was 'The Lion and Albert'. The kids loved that - and were astounded that I knew it by heart.

Now some more planning and then off to knitting. After which I shall come home, and like the lion, I plan to lie "in a somnolent posture"!!

2 comments:

  1. It all sounds wonderful, but I'm exhausted just reading your post! Hope you got your rest today.

    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the serious resting will have to wait till I get to Yorkshire next week!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!