Friday 17 October 2008

Fun Filled Friday

Today marked the last day of my full week's teaching. I am not doing that again in a hurry! [at least, not in a week when I have meetings every evening as well] I am utterly exhausted.

Because it is half term now [Hallelujah!] my colleagues needed to get some planning done. So this afternoon, they planned and I sat with the year group to watch a scientific film.

As we have been studying the life cycle beemovieof plants, pollination etc, we watched Bee Movie. It is really clever and enormous fun- AND covers all the science stuff well.

You can find out lots more about it at the Official Bee Movie Website.

I have enjoyed my week with the Year 5's and they were great fun to work with.

High points -

  1. A parent coming up to me this morning, and saying SHE  can spell RHYTHM for the first time in her life.
  2. Three girls waiting at the end of the day to thank me for being their supply teacher for a week.

Low points -

  1. Being presented with some lilies on Tuesday, which we were supposed to observe through a magnifying glass - but the flowers refused to open till last night - so I had to keep re-arranging when we would do our science observation.
  2. Walking into a desk on Monday morning and bashing my leg very hard. I now have a bruise on my thigh about 8cm in diameter [no kidding] which looks like a black and purple relief map of Jersey!

Now to start planning for the weekend - and then next week's trip to Yorkshire. But first some supper, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!