Tuesday 4 November 2008

God Bless America!

America! America!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

ob mc wa

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea, 

With a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me:    

As He died to make men holy, let us live to make men free, 

While God is marching on. 

He is coming like the glory of the morning on the wave,   

He is Wisdom to the mighty, He is succour to the brave,   

So the world shall be His footstool,

and the soul of Time His slave,

Our God is marching on.

[shameless name dropping here - I have never met Obama or McCain, but Rick Warren gave me two hugs when I met him in Birmingham three years ago!]

1 comment:

  1. I bet McCain and Obama would hug you, too!

    I'm never prouder to be an American than on Election Day, and I'm particularly proud today. Whoever wins, it will be a historic victory. Very exciting!

    frances

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!