Saturday 15 November 2008

It's a Wrap !

I made tuna salad wraps for IM002952lunch, but decided it was a pretty cold day outside and we needed a Hot Pudding.

Challenge - to turn three sad plums and one egg into an exciting and warming pudding for two.

The results was very pleasing,so here is the recipe.

IM002954

Preheat oven to 180'C. Rinse, and chop up the plums and divide between two small ovenproof dishes. Microwave for 1 minute on HIGH.

Separate the egg. Beat the yolk with 150ml milk, I teaspoon custard powder, 1 teaspoon sugar. Microwave for 1 minute on HIGH.

Divide this custard between the two  dishes. Beat the egg white till stiff, fold in 1 dessertspoon of sugar. Pile on top of two dishes. Bake for about 10 minutes till golden brown. Serve

IM002953

The pudding proved satisfactorily tasty and impressive looking, as well as being hot and extremely thrifty.

[Confession time - I wasn't sure if it would work, so the egg and plums pictured are the ones I had left afterwards, not the ones I cooked with!]

8 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! Can I come for lunch tomorrow? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks very tasy, and also pretty healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do drop in if you are in the neighbourhood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm. I want to lick the screen. But I won't as that would be a little disgusting. It's the wrap I like the look of... I'm much more of a savoury person than a sweet one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Angela, I'm glad you introduced yourself.
    Your plum recipe looks yummy - now you can make it again with the other 3 plums and 1 egg!
    I've just read your next post about being a nerd - will have to read Bobs and do the test before I know what I am. All 3 rolled into one, I expect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm afraid that Saturday's Spectacular Sweet was a bit of a one off - I have been rather busy, so it has been yogurt or fruit for pud since!!
    Thanks for all your sweet comments though!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!