Tuesday 14 December 2010

A Very O.K. Piece Of Kit

Somebody’s blog [apologies- I cannot remember who it was] mentioned this mantra for a Christmas list “Something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read” which seems a good idea to me. Four items should be more than enough for anyone.

roberts radio One of my loveliest Christmas presents came from Bob a few years ago.

It is a Roberts revival DAB radio – retro style, covered in red leather.

 

Initially I was rather mad with him - I felt it had cost way too much in terms of what we usually spend on gifts. But it has been brilliant, and brought me so much pleasure. I love the ease of tuning, the fact I can hear BBC7 – and I listen to my radio first thing in the morning and last thing at night [and during the night through my pillow speaker if he is snoring] and anytime I am doing housework in the bedroom. If its price were amortised at ‘cost per minute of listening’ then it has worked out as very inexpensive.

Bob has just alerted me to another DAB radio – and if we were rich, he says he would buy it for me, to go in the kitchen [currently I have a cheap grey plastic Aldi DAB radio in there, which I move from room to room, depending where I am working] He says he contemplated giving me a picture of it in my stocking instead! Currently it is available only in John Lewis [at £149]

ok radio jlewis 

It is the Evoke DAB kitchen radio – which has a really cool Orla Kiely print on the front. I love O.K. stuff – Liz has some O.K. cushions which I made a couple of years ago from a remnant she got when she was working at Tate Britain.

And it is meant to be a kitchen radio – it has a built in kitchen timer! How useful is that?

Ah well, a girl can dream, can’t she?…I may not be Suzi Perry, but I like gadgets too, you know!

1 comment:

  1. We do the 4 things on the boys letters, I would too love the OK radio. I agree a girl can dream

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!