Saturday 19 March 2011

Yarrgh!

I talked like a Pirate all day – and was quite exhausted at the end! The day went amazingly well, and the children’s talent show was superb, with a dazzling variety of skills [songs, dances, jokes, a magician…]

Here’s Lenny Henry, encouraging you to join in. He is a full size cardboard stand up figure- I have had him about twenty years, and fetch him out every RND. The kids love him – he is currently standing in the entrance at school

#

Here’s me, being a pirate…

DSCF0007

Here’s Bob with a primate…

DSCF0004

…that was Thursday night at our Churches Together Lent Event. Technically, I think the Bishop Of Leicester isn’t senior enough to count as a primate. Do you think he goes here on his day off?

twycross zoo

I’d rather be a pirate than a primate [that Episcopalian shade of pink doesn't really suit me]

2 comments:

  1. Shouldnt you have had a parrot on your shoulder?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I start giggling in church tomorrow, when our vicar mentions the 'Primate's Relief Fund' and I think of a huge sack of bananas, it will be your fault!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!