Sunday 11 November 2018

Remembrance Sunday 2018



Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth… And I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared and ready, like a bride dressed to meet her husband. 
I heard a loud voice speaking from the throne: 
“Now God's home is with people! He will live with them, and they shall be his people. God himself will be with them, and he will be their God. He will wipe away all tears from their eyes. 
There will be no more death, no more grief or crying or pain."
Look back - and remember with gratitude the sacrifice made by others for our freedom.
Look around - and see where we have an opportunity to work today for peace and freedom in our world.
Look forward- to that glorious hope, the promise of a new heaven and a new earth, and no more death, or crying, or pain.

2 comments:

  1. Both of my grandfathers and a great uncle were in the Great War and my father in the second Great War. They all survived but didn't tell their stories much, I hope they will always be remembered.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!