Saturday 9 March 2019

Satisfying Start - Hope It Continues

The Lent 40days-40bags Decluttering is going slowly, but surely. Challenge #1 took a little longer than 10 minutes- but I ended up with 2 bags for the CS, and one briefcase which really was worn out being finally thrown away. I also emptied every bag of tissues and pens and other detritus, and tidied my 'school briefcase'. I know the minimalists say you only need one bag, but that doesn't work for me. I've got a school briefcase, a 'Sunday Bag', an everyday smart handbag, a small backpack style bag [for when I'm cycling] a  'weddings and evenings' clutch bag and a black, formal 'funerals etc' bag. 
BUT there was an added benefit to this sorting and tidying - as well as a multiplicity of pens and notebooks, I found my little Radley purse which I'd mislaid, and scattered among the bags, nearly £10 in cash. 
This was very good.
The fridge had been sorted and cleaned thoroughly on Tuesday to make room for Bob's large jugs of pancake batter. He complained [rightly] about the large number of chutney/relish jars. Following last year's efforts, once again I cooked up all the stuff in them to make 1½ bottles of brown sauce. 8 glass jars went into the recycling on Thursday. Challenge #23 is ticked off.
I am not sure if I will achieve all 40 challenges- but I feel very positive about it. Letting go of 'stuff' is doing me good!



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like fantastic progress to me x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great effort. Love the little Radley purse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing well! How nice to find money too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've made an excellent start!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!