Saturday 4 February 2023

Done, And Dusted!

We finished the redecoration of the hall and atrium [explanation of name here] using the paint we bought back in September. 
Wilko is one third of the cost of Farrow and Ball, so we have natural twine as opposed to string. The colour is a little darker, and a slightly warmer shade than the previous builders' trade magnolia.

We did work hard - although I was restricted to anything-at-ground-level in case the vertigo came back [mercifully, it hasn't] In honour of Clementine Churchill, I tied my hair up in a turban to keep it clean and paint free. I don't have CC's style, I am more of a Norah Batty I think.
Tall Pastor Bob can roller a wall without any recourse to ladders. The picture top right was taken midnight last Friday. Bob got up for the loo and then realised he had closed the bedroom door, without fitting the new handle properly!  I was laughing too much to be of use. He managed to open it fairly quickly, fortunately [I didn't think my bro would appreciate a midnight phone call, asking for help to escape] 
These next two pictures clearly show the difference before and after
The unfinished wooden doorframes properly painted, the hardboard loft hatch cover now white to match the ceiling - and all doorhandles throughout matching. My beloved 'Gospel' chandelier now has fancy dimmable LED lamps - so I can have it mega bright when I am crafting, and atmospherically dimmer when serving romantic dinners. [as I mentioned to Kezzie the other day, when I'm dubious about the quality of the cooking, dim lighting is a great help]
It feels properly 'finished' now. Do drop in for a cuppa if you are passing!



19 comments:

  1. Helloooooooooooooooo been a while! I LOVE Farrow and ball colours and like you I get them made up at a local store - so much cheaper! I am currently looking for wall tiles for our kitchen - I need a big kick up the backside to be brave with the colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh be brave! We kept the simple white tiles (added a few more) but painted the walls a lovely inky blue. I love the kitchen now

      Delete
  2. It looks beautiful and so much brighter. And you look like Nora Batty's very glamourous and much younger sister. Hope you have a good weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou - but you can't see my Supergran overalls, or wrinkly socks!

      Delete
  3. Fresh and clean. Well done.
    We need to insulate our loft hatch too.
    Nelliegrace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Insulating the loft hatch makes a surprising difference

      Delete
  4. Isnt it lovely to have fresh paint. It all looks very lovely, bright and warming. I like the Wilko colour, I had no idea they did paint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely - the before and after photos are great, you must feel pleased with your efforts
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a satisfying accomplishment! Well done for you both!


    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, this looks great! You did work hard.
    JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan - nothing like the upheaval of your redecoration work though!

      Delete
  8. Too funny about the door handle! The "reveal" is wonderful, everything looking so fresh and attractive. Cornerstones has really come into its own since your retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The newly painted room looks great! You and Bob did a wonderful job! Enjoy the newly finished room and the dimmable lighting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dimmable lighting makes such a difference

      Delete
  10. Haha, I'm still smiling about that comment!
    It looks lovely! You've done a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!