Friday 2 May 2008

Off to Blackpool...

Last night went better than I had hoped - a This is Your Life presentation for Dave Woods our church-based student, who is just finishing college and moving on. Bless you, Dave, it has been great to have you and Lesley working with us for the past three years. woodsfamily

The technology all worked fine and a great time was had by all. And now I am getting ready for the Baptist Assembly in Blackpool.

First time I went to Blackpool, my Dad paid for myself & Bob to go on the rollercoaster. It was a long straight climb [full of doubts about the wisdom of doing it all] followed by terrifying twists and turns, highs and lows and a mixture of emotions. I survived, because I prayed like mad, hung on to Bob for dear life, and knew my Dad was watching and would be there at the end of the ride. As I told Dave last night, I believe this is a picture of Baptist ministry - a steady straight uphill climb through the college years [with doubts], and then an amazing ride of highs, lows, and unexpected moments - and that the key is pray like mad, hang on to those dear to you, and know your Father is watching over you and will be there at the end of the ride!

Is it just me, or do other people find the last few hours before a weekend away frustrating? There always seems to be SO much to get organised [packing, dog to kennels, last minute admin to sort out, notes to the people you won't be able to see at Church on Sunday...] and unexpected things which add to the General Feeling of Thwart [like getting stuff from the printers at 8am, and Bob having a funeral at 10] and I get to the point where I almost feel too tired to go away! assembly_1

I am sure the Assembly will be a great blessing though - even if we do have to sing 'These are the days of Elijah' again! I am with Catriona on this one. Particularly the verse about David rebuilding the Temple - I always thought it was Solomon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!