Thursday 4 August 2011

An Award Well Deserved

pcc logo

I knew very little about this charity until I did my run for them [was that really only three weeks ago?!]

But I am happy to say that I have just discovered that they have recently been named as the 'Best Fundraising Organisation to Work For' by the Institute of Fundraising Awards.

When I started asking for sponsorship for my run, Steph suggested that I set up a page with JustGiving. JG then alerted PCC – and I had a really lovely email from them, thanking me for doing this fundraising. Over the past few weeks, the emails have continued – just before the run to encourage me, and again afterwards, thanking me. PCC also keep in touch with Desford Striders, so they knew all about how the run had gone.

The IFA award citation states

All staff have a copy of the UNITED values that stand for Understanding, Needed, Inspired, Trustworthy, Expert and Dedicated, and there is a UNITED award for the staff member who has best displayed the values over the last month. Many staff have a personal link to the cause and everyone sits in on the helpline at least once a year to connect with the cause via calls to the nurses. The charity has a real commitment to flexible working at all times and staff turnover is very low. Pay is benchmarked and PCC aims to be in the upper quartile. The organisation-wide plan filters down to fundraising specific plans, team targets and individual work plans so every team member can be seen to contribute to overall organisational goals. This leads to commitment from everyone and pride in successful fundraising.

Prostate Cancer Charity has generated good fundraising results, which obviously led to a sense of excitement in the team. Communication of targets and achievements is good and there is a very practical approach to failures and learning lessons from them. The charity's commitment to flexible working is laudable and its sense of shared values makes it a worthy winner of this category.

charity timesAnd furthermore, PCC has also just been shortlisted by Charity Times for their annual awards, in the category ‘Campaigning Team Of The year’

Well done to the team – I never expected to hear anything personally from the charity, and I was quite surprised by the genuine personal interest and support I have received from them.

DSCF1519

And for myself, here is the icing on the cake [can I say that while I am dieting?]

It was good to feel my running had a purpose

So to Chris Carter and the others at PCC, I say, please keep up the good work, and I shall go on publicising it!

1 comment:

  1. good information from you. I liked it and I'll bookmark this one. Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!