Saturday 23 March 2019

Buttons And Bedmaking

As I had to attend a family funeral in Essex on Wednesday, I stopped overnight with Rosie and family in London. She loved the toolkit. She said Daddy has just turned her cot into a bed and she demonstrated how. [I hope this video clip works for you] 
I finally finished the new cardi [ details here
I altered the original pattern a little

  • Omitted "mock pocket flaps" [pointless]
  • Wove contrast yarns through the ribbing
  • Put seven different vintage buttons down the front
It's a generous fit right now, but growing room is useful at this age.
We made up a guessing game -. The cardi was laid on the sofa, then one of us closed our eyes while the other put their hand over a button  Then we had to guess which button it wasn
Heart, yellow flowers, blue umbrella, red dog, yellow teddies, pink elephant or white flower. Rosie was quick to learn and full of giggles. 

6 comments:

  1. Aw, that's so kind of Rosie to demonstrate how the bed was made! Too cute! The cardigan looks great! I love how you put the different buttons on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty buttons, I'm sure Rosie will have lots of fun making up button-games!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a little game with Rosie but so much fun. Hope you are feeling a lot better.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pacing myself, and things seem to be getting better slowly! Thank you Hazel

      Delete
  4. So cute! It looks like she loved both the tools and the new cardigan :) What a great idea with the different buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those buttons are adorable! Cheers from Carole's chatter

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!