Friday 22 March 2019

Spring Joy

Bless wrote about her Winter Joy List, and challenged us to write our own list for Spring.
Here's my acrostic list of a few of the things that spark joy for me at this time of year... 
Swedish Semlor buns. A lovely indulgent treat - but only for  Lent! 
Pancake Party - I love having a houseful of friends and Bob and Geoff flipping dozens of pancakes
Reading with Rosie - cuddling up and - enjoying a book together
Inspirational articles - so many magazines right now, encouraging me to lose weight, get fit, declutter, learn a new skill... 
New life in Nature - baby lambs, blossoms, green shoots... 
Going to Kingston Lacy - and seeing how the gardens are changing
Jugs of tulips - I love these bright spring flowers, and the way that they bend and twist in the jug in a crazy nonconformist way. 
Organising the flowers for Mothering Sunday - such a privilege, and what a joy to see every woman leaving church with a pretty paper carrier containing a primula plant. 
Yellow - the colour of sunshine, daffodils, fresh lemons, primroses, custard, bananas... 
Light and Longer days - walking together in warmer evenings 
Improved health - oh I do hope so! 
Seasonal wardrobe Swap - away with thick woollies, rediscovering pretty floral frocks
Time - if I'm not fit enough to do any Supply Teaching, then maybe I can find time for some other special projects which have been "on the back burner" for far too long! 

5 comments:

  1. Lots of gorgeous blessings here! Hurrah for those!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, I just LOVE your acrostic spring joy list! What a clever way to present it! :) Love the picture, too, and the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely list and picture. Hope you enjoy each one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely list of things that spark joy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!