In these days of 'instant gratification' [Order online now and it will be with you within hours...] it is good to remind ourselves that some things take time, love and patience. The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step [Personally, I'd struggle with 500 miles, and then 500 more, but I would be do it, if it got me to my beloved]
I was thinking of the goals we set ourselves [major and minor] which may need a lot of little steps
- learning a new language or skill
- tidying and decluttering the home
- restoring broken relationships
- making a patchwork quilt
- teaching a child to read, swim, cycle
- reading a difficult book
- building a good community
- creating a lovely garden
- adapting after a 'life-event' [moving, childbirth, job-loss, aging, bereavement etc]
This month's calendar picture encourages me. It reminds me
- I'm not doing this alone, friends**, family and faith are there to help
- I don't need to be quick, I can go at my own pace
- Some steps will be small and easy, others may challenge and stretch me
- I need to slow down sometimes, and wait patiently for others to catch up
**September marks the birthday of my friend Christine, who generously gives me The Painted Bear Calendar every year for Christmas, it is a year round gift. Thank you Christine for being there on my journey with me for so many years now.


I agree, breaking down a big task or journey into little steps is what makes it become possible.
ReplyDeleteπ©΅
DeleteDefinitely small steps/bites gets the tasks done. Must apply that philosophy to the huge ironing I have accumulated! Catriona
ReplyDeleteπ§Ίπ₯Όππ
DeleteSmall steps are the key indeed!
ReplyDeleteπ£π£π£
DeleteThe calendar is lovely, I always enjoy seeing the beautiful pictures along with the wonderful and wise sayings. It makes one think! JanF
ReplyDeleteIt is a year long gift to treasure π
Delete