Tuesday 13 October 2015

Reflections

connexion

Just back from a fabulous weekend at King’s Park Northampton, with all my Connexion friends. Some brilliant teaching sessions, and plenty of time to sit and chat. Much laughter, and renewing old friendships and making new ones. I was so busy that I never even got my knitting, or my library book, out from the bottom of my bag!Friday and Saturday evening we had an alco-free cocktail bar again

P1020338

I borrowed Steph’s two dispensers from the wedding, and bought another in The Range. It meant I could pre-mix and it was much easier to serve. This year I did not add parasols, just ice.

There are orange and lemon slices floating in the first, blueberries in the second, and red apples and oranges in the third dispenser.

menu

P1020336

curacoaPeople loved the colour of the Blue Moon – it comes from Sirop De Monin Curaçao [I got mine in Beers of Europe, near Kings Lynn, but you can buy it in Makro Cash'&Carry too]All three drinks were enjoyed – but the Autumn Sunset [very similar to the Slimmers’ World Sangria] proved the most popular.

Saturday afternoon, during the Workshop sessions, I taught a group to make Kusudama flowers. Much laughter and lots of fun.

P1020340

kusudama flowers1

People were really proud of their finished efforts. I am sorry I did not take more pictures. These friends are all very special – some of us have known each other more than 30 years. It was worth making the 200mile+ round trip [and having Lucy, Jackie and Jill as travelling companions] I have come back with lots to think about [and a new recipe for Sticky Toffee Pudding]

7 dwarfs

I have also come back with a streaming cold- I was Snuffly [but Happy] on the way back, and Sneezy by bedtime [fortunately not Grumpy, but maybe a bit Sleepy and Dopey]

I spent Monday morning in bed – and at one point, I turned over, and saw a fantastic jewel-bright blue light on the bedroom ceiling. I just had to climb out from under the duvet and check where it was coming from – it was simply the morning sunshine, reflecting off a tin standing on the top of the cupboard. But it looked so beautiful!

reflected light

I am planning to take things gently this week, and recover from the cold, I have another busy weekend ahead.

4 comments:

  1. I like those flowers you all made! Sorry you have a cold; hope you feel better soon. Rest up for your busy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your lines about the cold.....especially "Grumpy", "Sleepy" and "Dopey"....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon. Those paper flowers are beautiful, I'd love to learn how to make them!
    I love your sighting of the blue reflection- reminds me of Pollyanna and the prisms in the Disney film!x

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!