Friday 5 December 2008

Better Light a Candle than Curse the Darkness!

IM003017 Aldi were selling off Halloween Candles -for only 19p. I do not DO Halloween, but a pillar candle for that price seemed too good to miss.

I carefully scraped off the skeleton and bizarre tree

IM003019

         

There was a free pack of "table confetti" in my Christmas kitchen roll, so I stuck it round the candle, and ended up with this...

IM003020 

 

Which is much prettier and more Christmassy.

I am not quite sure what will happen if I actually light the candle! Will I end up with a heap of waxy stars? I shall stand the candle on an old CD to catch the drips and add to the reflective qualities. All for 19p!!

 

The Williamson family have included this Howard Thurman poem on their blog this week [He was black Baptist minister in the USA, spiritual adviser to Martin Luther King]

The Work of Christmas

When the song of the angel is still,
When the star in the sky is gone,
When the kings and princes are home,
When the shepherds are back with their sheep,
The work of Christmas begins:
to find the lost,
to heal the broken,
to feed the hungry,
to release the prisoner,
to rebuild the nations,
to bring peace among people,
to make music in the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!