Thursday 12 January 2012

How Thoughtful!

It is the tradition in many workplaces for people to bring in cakes to share with colleagues when it is their birthday. The school where I do Supply Teaching is no different.

The one male teacher on the staff had a ‘significant’ birthday in the Christmas Holidays. Instead of bringing in cakes, we found a stack of boxes on the table in the staffroom.

twinings A huge selection of Twinings Teas [tea blends, redbush, and herbal infusions] along with a card saying that he figured many of us would be attempting to lose weight after Christmas so wouldn’t want to be tempted by calorie-laden cakes.

cam_honey_vanillaWe made ourselves cuppas, sampling the various blends. I thought it was a brilliant idea, and one worth sharing with you. I have now discovered that I quite like the Camomile, Honey and Vanilla blend.

Thanks Lee for sharing your birthday in a great, non-fattening way!

Here’s some more fabulous sand-art…

someone put the kettle on, please!

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea! It has all the 'what shall I choose?' elements of a box of chocs but none of the guilt..:) Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful idea! As I continue to try to lose weight, one of the habits I want to get into is having a cup of tea when the urge to eat hits. Oftentimes I just want a little something nice, and tea hits the spot.

    xofrances

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!