Sunday 29 January 2012

It’s Unusually Quiet Round Here!

benylin

I’m feeling a little hoarse! Woke up with a very sore throat. Managed to take the service and preach at another church this morning, but my throat’s become increasingly painful as the afternoon progressed. Bob made me a lovely hot drink with honey, lemon and soluble aspirin. Then he suggested I stay home this evening. I hate missing church, but it is a special Praise Event, and I’d find it really hard not to sing my heart out!

I don’t think it is laryngitis, tracheitis, or anything as serious as that. I hope to be back to normal tomorrow – but here’s a picture for you. How good are you on first century rulers?

philip tetrarch

This is Philip, otherwise known as Herod Philip II, who married his niece Salome [yes, that one]

He gets mentioned in the Bible, in Luke 3 – and I am sure he must have suffered from some sort of painfully sore throats] too, because there he is given the fabulous title

The Tetrarch of Trachonitis!

5 comments:

  1. LOL! ~ Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon Angela - big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, feel better soon, sore throats are so miserable.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your sore throat, but that does explain how quiet it's been all day ... Get well soon!

    xofrances

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!