Friday 19 June 2015

Flower Power

Steph has chosen to have silk flowers for bouquets and boutonnieres That's useful for lots of reasons -they last longer; they will not wilt if it gets hot; the right colours can be chosen; they can be prepared beforehand without last minute panic; much less expensive than using a professional florist; and Mark found some sweet little green rosebuds for the men's boutonnieres to go with the cream roses.

Notice that I am copying Martha Stewart here, and saying boutonnieres as opposed to buttonholes or corsages. Buttonhole sounds like part of a garment, too ordinary, and the word corsage always reminds me of cortege, too sad. I have pinned these onto a sheet of corrugated card with their pearl headed pins, ready to distribute later. 

There will be plenty of fresh flowers in the church and at the reception though! Sorting those out will be my main task today.

6 comments:

  1. You must be getting excited for tomorrow. I'm sure everything will go well so that just leaves you all to have a fantastic time. Looking forw3ard to seeing lots of pictures of everything.
    Best wishes to you all
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good idea to have silk flowers I think, florists charge so much. These ones look really lovely.

    I had a silk circlet and instead of a bouquet I carried a prayer book to fit with the mediaeval style of my dress. We had fresh flower buttonholes but only needed two, so the cost was low.

    I hope all goes smoothly on the big day x

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Angela. Your main task is to enjoy the day! So do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you make them? CBC called his boutonnieres too!x

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!