Friday 12 June 2015

Minions At Mealtime



In a few weeks, the new Minions film will be released. Some young people I know are going to be extremely excited by this. I was interested to find a recipe on The Crazy Kitchen Blog for Minion Sweetcorn Fritters. So I made some for Bob [well why not?]

Mine are not quite as round and beautiful as Helen's - and I only had black olives so could not make my 'goggles' in two shades like hers. 
Also I didn't have any buttermilk or garlic granules. I skipped the garlic, and improvised with a mixture of half milk/half natural yogurt, which worked fine. The turmeric really makes them golden.
I served them with salad, sliced ham, and a bowl of ketchup for dipping [and a bottle of chili sauce for Bob, who likes more spice than I do]  Thanks Helen for this one!


  • 165g can drained Green Giant sweetcorn 
  • 75ml buttermilk
  • 50g plain flour
  • pinch of garlic granules
  • pinch of turmeric (to give them the great yellow colour)
  • olive oil
  • black & green olives

  1. Mix the sweetcorn, buttermilk, flour, garlic & turmeric together until well combined
  2. Heat a little olive oil in a pan
  3. Spoon some of the batter into the pan, ensuring it's as round as you can make it [you should get between 6 and 8 fritters, depending how big you make them!]
  4. Add some rings of green olive & strips of black olive for the goggles
  5. Cook for a few minutes over a low heat before carefully flipping over and cooking the other side (making sure that the olives don't move out of place) - cooking over a low heat will ensure that they cook through without browning too much & ruining the great yellow colour [THIS IS IMPORTANT!]
  6. Serve warm or cold with ketchup or sweet chili sauce on the side for dipping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!