Sunday 28 June 2015

The Second Wedding Hymn

Chosen because it fits so well with the woodland theme of the day!

P1010581

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder, Consider all the works Thy Hands have made; I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder, Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee, How great Thou art, How great Thou art.

When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.

P1010597

P1010579And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing; Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in; That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing, He bled and died to take away my sin.

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation, And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart. Then I shall bow, in humble adoration, And there proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"

P1010589
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

P1010619

5 comments:

  1. Well done on this blog post. I love your layout, very pleasing to the eye.

    Our congregation always does well with that hymn - the words, the music all make you want to sing out. I rather hope we sing it today (its 6:00 am where I live)

    Love the bridesmaid dresses and the beautiful flowers. Decorations are nice as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sandy for all your kind words. My friend Ann, the Administrator at the church, helped me to prepare all the little jam jars for the pew ends- then after the ceremony they all went to be table decorations at the reception.

      Delete
  2. One of my favourite hymes. Beautiful bridesmaids and the pew end flowers are lovely. The hall looks so festive with your bunting and pompoms. You did a fantastic job Angela.
    Ccarolx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that great old hymn; it never fails to calm and raise my spirit.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!