Monday 29 June 2015

Our Crafty Coffee Morning

One weekend I am busy with bunting and cakes …and the next, I am busy with bunting and cakes…[next weekend may be different, who knows?] Our Crafty Coffee Morning for Christian Aid went incredibly well – over £200 raised, and great fun had by all. The crafts included cake decorating, card making, parchment craft, crochet, nylon flowers, box-making, kusudama flowers, knitting, punching, stamping…and we had good tea, coffee and cakes to fortify us through the morning [thank you Steve and others in the kitchen] Well done Alison for being the Chief Organiser behind this worthwhile event. The Hall was absolutely buzzing with people enjoying themselves creating lovely little things. We charged £5 a head entry fee – all craft materials and refreshments were donated. People could visit as many different craft tables as they wanted.

xn aid crafty coffee

As well as demonstrating the kusudama flowers, I made a Pergamano Parchment Owl card and a little nylon flower [notice my amazing pink gel thumbnail – special treat for MOB last week! Thank you to Heather and Luise for teaching me two new crafts today!

P1010642

P1010652

6 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea, I wish I was near enough to visit your event. You've just given me an idea, I need to make bunting. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a very interesting day with plenty of choices. Wish we were nearer! (though we got quite excited on return from Brighton when we saw signs to Fernwood Ind Est!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time you are going up the A31, we must arrange for you to call in for a coffee!

      Delete
  3. What a fun event and wonderful to have made all that money :)
    I love that nylon flower, it's so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fun as well as a great FUNdraising!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool and what a fun fundraiser!!!! x

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!