Thursday 4 July 2019

Sonnaz Is Smashing!

One evening recently we were driving near Kingston Lacey [one of my favourite NT places, and only seven miles up the road] and we noticed a sign to Pamphill Dairy - which listed the café, the butchery,...and Sonnaz Upholstery.
Sonnaz? we both said From the Repair Shop? So on Tuesday when we'd had a stroll round KL and admired the flowers, we called in.
Yes it was her, and yes she is just as lovely in real life as on the telly. We told her how much we loved the show, and really appreciated the skill of the crafters and their genuine love of what they did. I envied admired her professional heavy duty sewing machines. [Her website's here]
We talked about the restoration projects on the programme. Sonnaz said that thousands of people apply to have stuff fixed, and they have to make sure there is plenty of variety in nature and age of the pieces. Not too many wartime pieces, and only one per episode.
Originally she was only expecting to do one project on one show, but it has mushroomed.
The filming of each series takes place over 4 months, filming on 3 days a week.
That's quite a commitment, and the experts come from all over the country to Sussex, to work at the Weald and Downland Museum. All the work is done on site.
I found the above photo on the net [I didn't have the nerve to ask for a selfie with her] It was great to hear that the team work well together and there has been a very positive reaction from the viewers to the show. And [you heard it here first] there's another series in the pipeline! 
I'm really looking forward to that, and I know many of my friends will be too.

4 comments:

  1. I'm afraid I don't know which show you are talking about! Which one is that? Anyway, it is lovely you had a chance to meet someone you admire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. because of some weird blip on my phone, I can't comment on your previous post about the milk using so I am doing it here. It's wonderful you managed to use the milk for something! I had to throw half a pint of milk away yesterday because it had gone off and your post was very much in my thoughts as I guiltily did it. It's a pity the yogurt didn't work out but then life is like that. We are imperfect and it is good to acknowledge that! You tried and that's what I think is the important message for us, the readers to benefit from! Speaking of mistakes, I am in the dog house with CBC as I have been experimenting with Chive flower vinegar and I'd left 3 jars of it in the cupboard under the sink in the Futility Room and for some inexplicable reason, CBC, who was in a hurry this morning, opened the cupboard and claimed that one of the jars just fell out as he did so (he is soo, sooo. Soo clumsy and drops and breaks things when in a state so I'm inclined to disbelieve him) and it was all over the floor. He shouted at me and ranted about my weird, disgusting experiments and my selfish placing of them and told me I was clearing it up. It did smell pretty strongly to be fair (obviously, being a combo of white wine vinegar and Chive flowers) and I'm quite sure that when he gets home and smells a lingering odour of it (I didn't have time to do much more than spray herbal cleaning spray and wipe), he will throw away the lot in a fit of pique! Oops! I sincerely hope it tastes good if they do survive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do enjoy that show, so lovely to see things renewed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it and one of our volunteer drivers is going through the process because they think they have had something accepted. Exciting

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!