Friday 10 October 2008

Fruits of my labours

I meant to take the camera to church yesterday and photograph my screen curtain. It did a good job, hanging over the ugly legs of the Back Projection Screen, and obscuring the sandbags which were adding stability. But I had too much else to think about. I never photographed the flower arrangements either. I got a lovely assortment of blooms [From Sainsburys, who are very reliable] which included some 'ornamental cabbages' on long stalks. As I explained to Bob, Peter's sermons were not only beautiful to listen to, they were also spiritually nourishing!

I am persevering with my diet, to the amusement of friends yesterday - they were all tucking into Christine's Pork Pies and Millionaire's Shortbread, whilst I munched on carrot and celery sticks.

IM002876-1 As well as cooking apples, I was also given a watermelon this week. I bought some grapes and oranges as well.

The flowers [in my Mum's tiny silver miniature rosebowl] are the ones which remain from the bouquet Sarah and Marion gave me on the September 8th.

IM002877-1

I am intrigued that they have lasted for well over 4 weeks.

What is it that Tesco's do to their blooms?

I suspect that they have been treated in some way with preservative. I know Steph feels I am quite irrational in being unduly suspicious about Tesco's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!