Thursday 2 April 2009

Ready for a Wardrobe Makeover?

cmb logo

Well that was an interesting and informative evening.

If I understood the Colour Me Beautiful speaker correctly, I am a "deep, warm, petite, full-hourglass somewhere between classic and natural" [But none of her pictures actually showed a tiny supply teacher riding pillion]

cmb

Unfortunately I do not have the sort of bank account to support a proper CMB habit!

The key to stylish dressing is to dress appropriately, in current styles, and to make sure your underwear is of the correct sort for your figure. There are four types [she says] of feminine undergarments...

Civil Service - we make mountains out of molehills

Communist - we suppress the masses

Salvation Army - we uplift the fallen

Sheepdog - we round them up and push them out

[actually, I've always called the last sort 'cowboys']

I am afraid I failed a lot of her questions [are there things in your wardrobe you never wear? are there garments which still have price tag attached? do you have expensive impulse buys hanging in the wardrobe unworn?] I sat there thinking '"No to all of these" She never asked the question "Do you have two smart, but honest, daughters who regularly help you to determine what you should and shouldn't wear?" Thank you Liz and Steph, for saving me lots of money over the years, sorting out my wardrobe for me, and pointing out the right colours. You two should set yourselves up in business - you'd beat Trinny and Susannah any day!

Actually the real high spot of the evening for me was the superb Devotions Slot led by Barbara, who read to us from 1 Peter 3;4 &5 and reminded us that whilst a change of outward appearance can sometimes help us feel more confident, what really matters is that we are changed inwardly.

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewellery and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful

2 comments:

  1. I've never had a Colour me beautiful session, but it sounds interesting, and possibly expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was interesting to hear a 'general' chat about it - but an actual 'personalised consultation' costs the best part of £80 - and I do not spend that much in a year on clothes anyway! I think if you really need a wardrobe revamp [eg returning to work after having babies etc] it might be an investment. I am just grateful for the free wardrobe consultations I get regularly from my daughters!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!