Saturday 25 April 2009

Sudbury, Sunshine and Singing

NT Sudbury Hall

This morning, Chris and I set off, in fairly dismal weather, to Derbyshire, to the Sudbury Hall Museum of Childhood.

I had recently read about this on two other favourite blogs [here and here] We didn't do the main house this time - just spent hours enjoying the Museum part. I even pretended to be a Victorian Child Chimney Sweep and climbed the chimney. Scary!

Then we had lovely baguettes for lunch in the pub opposite.

By the time we came out of the museum at 2pm, the sun was shining brilliantly and it was a beautiful afternoon. Unfortunately my camera seems to be on the blink, so no pictures.

Home to prepare Sunday School Stuff - Chris helped me prepare the shields for tomorrow's lesson [all about Deborah, a wonderful woman, described as a prophet, a judge and a 'mother for Israel' - and also Jael, who brought Sisera a dish of yogurt then gave him a blinding headache! Don't you just love these characters in the book of Judges ? - no weak lily-livered females here!!]

jonathan veira Bob has been busy at the church much of the day, setting up the sound system for tonight's event. "An Audience with Jonathan Veira" It was a good evening, with over 100 there. He has a great voice and tells some super stories. Check out Jonathan's Webpage for more information. Lynda, Carol and Jan worked hard to put together a superb event. Thanks!

I would certainly recommend him if you want a good evening of music, anecdotes and simple Gospel truths.

PAm12

But now it is almost midnight - the car is completely unloaded and [yet again] the lounge is full of PA equipment.

And I am going to bed!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a very busy, but enjoyable , weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed Sudbury Hall! Were you told off by the Victorian school teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No! I think she recognised I could be an equally strict teacher too!!
    But the chimnay WAS so VERY claustrophobic!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!