Monday 21 September 2009

I have a question...

question

Sometimes you get a line from a song or a poem stuck in your head and you just can't remember where it comes from [in my case it is usually a bit of an old hymn]

Last week Liz and I were talking about a stanza - we think it is a children's story, or a poem - but we cannot place it. Can anyone out there help us, please? [ I have done every permutation I can think of on Google and got nowhere] It's this...

How does he do it?

How does he do it?

        How does he do it?

                 I'd like to know

Somebody out there must recognise this one!

6 comments:

  1. Well, I really hope someone recognizes this, because it became stuck in my brain immediately upon reading it, tho I suspect it's British and nothing to do with anything I've ever heard or read!

    frances

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Frances- it sounds like it should be read in an upper-class-British-accent! It does stick in your brain, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I should know it, but sadly I don't. Perhaps it's from a pre-schooler's story book?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jon (originator of this quest!) is pretty sure that the last phrase is "I should like to know" - but neither of us can work out where it came from either!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!