Sunday 24 January 2010

Stand Up, Pray Up, Shut Up!

john newton

I am leading the service tonight, and as we are still in our church Month Of Prayer, Bob is going to mention some great "Praying Christians" in the sermon. I thought I'd check out the writers of the hymns he has chosen, and if they said anything on prayer. Found this fabulous quote from John Newton, with which I concur!

"The chief fault of some good prayers is, that they are too long; not that I think we should pray by the clock, and limit ourselves precisely to a certain number of minutes; but it is better of the two, that the hearers should wish the prayer had been longer, than spend half the time in wishing it was over."

1 comment:

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!