Sunday 28 September 2014

I’ll Go Aygo

It is just four weeks since I took possession of my new car. It is a Toyota Aygo, 5 years old, and I am very pleased with it. Just don’t ask how much it cost…

aygo

Having problems loading pictures, so these are two from the net!Mine is silver, has about 40K on the clock, and has already proved itself a nippy little runabout, very appropriate for the life I lead. With the back seats down, I can transport all the flowers for a wedding, or 8 of the stacking chairs from the church. Even with back seats in place, the boot will comfortably hold two sewing machines in their carrying cases and a bag of fabric. It has technological luxuries I have only ever dreamed of in the past [A/C, CD player, central locking, electric windows…] It seems to be very economical in terms of fuel consumption. And best of all, it goes into gear, and will go backwards as well as forwards!

aygoA

And the name reminds me of that old Sally Army Song with the happy tune - I’ll Go [Aygo] in the Strength of the Lord!

I’ll go in the strength of the Lord,
In paths he has marked for my feet;
I’ll follow the light of his word,
Nor shrink from the dangers I meet,
His presence my steps shall attend,
His fulness my wants shall supply;
On him, till my journey shall end,
My unwavering faith shall rely.

I’ll go, Aygo in the strength,
I’ll go in the strength of the Lord
I’ll go, Aygo in the strength,
I’ll go in the strength of the Lord.

I’ll go in the strength of the Lord
To work he appoints me to do;
In joy which his smile doth afford
My soul shall her vigour renew.
His wisdom shall guard me from harm.
His power my sufficiency prove;
I’ll trust his omnipotent arm,
And prove his unchangeable love.

I’ll go in the strength of the Lord
To conflicts which faith will require,
His grace as my shield and reward,
My courage and zeal shall inspire.
Since he gives the word of command.
To meet and encounter the foe,
With his sword of truth in my hand.
To suffer and triumph I’ll go.

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful. There are some things which are really difficult to manage without ( not good grammar there!(, especially if work is somewhat nomadic and you live in a rural/semi-rural area.

    I love this small car. When we were getting a small car for my son to learn to drive I tried to persuade him to get an Aygo...but at 6'3" it was never really on.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My beloved is 6'4" - and he seems to really enjoy driving it - but it is exactly the right car for a Little Woman, rather than a Big Bloke.

      Delete
  2. It looks very nippy, and four doors are always a benefit on these small cars too. Hope you have many happy years together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect car for you, Ang! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I've had a really good sing. (The last note was a little high, though!) Great to hear you're on the go (and the go-back) with your new car.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. there is something very wondrous about a new car. A little home from home. New mileage, new adventures, new ways to carry stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Angela - I was having problems loading pictures with Internet Explorer - am now using Safari as a browser for posting and not having any issues. Might be worth a try! Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole for this suggestion - the problem here turns out to be my hard drive. My resident IT geek is working on it.

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!