Thursday 4 September 2014

I’m Trying Hard to Sparkle, But…

The first few days of term with new classes always leave me completely exhausted! I can manage to be bright for the kids, but come home ready to collapse. Then I get to bed and lay there reviewing the day’s teaching, and thinking about the next day’s lessons, and wishing I could switch off and sleep.

peanuts

I know I slept on Monday night – because I dreamed that I was late for school and had to run towards the door which was closing in my face. I put out my hand to stop it…and hit my poor husband in the face. He was very loving and forgiving, and fortunately did not have a black eye in the morning!

And then there was the dream where I drove the Daewoo to a funeral, and drove it straight into the hole prepared for the coffin . They came and took it away to the Breaker’s Yard on Tuesday, that bit was not a dream! I have been able to replace the car, for which I am VERY grateful, and will say more about that later.

Things will settle down soon. Normal blogposts resuming asap

10 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. I've got home at 8 or later these past days and I'm knAckered! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the start of term, I remember it well! A friend always referred to the beginning of the academic year in September as like getting a mill wheel rolling - an enormous effort, but then it does gather it's own momentum. Hope you settle into routine & catch up on your sleep. Holidays seem a double edged sword come September, don't they? All that gadding about & doing things at your own pace, being able to have a cup of coffee or go to the toilet pretty much when you please, you kind of get used to it and then remember school life isn't like that, & it also takes much energy, preparation & plannning, so evenings and weekends are tiring affairs. But you soon get used to the timetable & life returns to normal again. Good luck with all that, Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dreams can be so strange, can't they?! Look after yourself, and maybe try some "sleepy time tea" or whatever. I find it helps me (although it does usually then mean I have to get up in the night!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully you'll settle back into school dayssoon and regain your sleep.
    Glad you have got a car!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know just what you mean! Yay for a car replacement, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had a $1000 repair on our car on Tuesday..I hope our car is not going the way yours did.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no poor you. I bet you are such a great conscientious teacher. My boys are exhausted too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny! I once dreamed that a huge stack of file folders was falling off my desk. I reached out to stop them and smacked my husband in the face! Hope things settle down and you can have a better night's sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am exhausted from the first week back at school - lots of new names to learn, lots of new students to train to my routines. Hope yours are as nice as mine are, and that you get five minutes' peace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been amazed at just how tired I've been after my days in school this week and how fast the cogs in my brain have suddenly had to begin to whir (can't even think how to spell whir/whirr? )

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!