Wednesday 24 September 2014

Autumn Is On Its Way

P1000108

My Grandmother’s amber glass fruit bowl – containing some gloriously shiny conkers picked up as we walked home from church, my entire crop of little green tomatoes [all five of them] and a lovely golden patty-pan squash grown by my blogfriend Sandie.

I love these autumn hues, don’t you? Here is the portarit of Miss Evelyn Tennant by John Everett Millais – clearly out for some Autumnal foraging. [I cannot find anything out about her, sorry – but I love the colour of her dress and her basket of ferns]

john-everett-millais-evelyn-tennant

Meanwhile, there are some strange pink blobs baking in my oven. All will be revealed very soon! [but they have nothing to do with GBBO]

P1000106

3 comments:

  1. Are you making soaps?? My mum has been growing Pattypan squashes and gave us a box full. They are soooooo tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a 'Kuri' onion squash Angela!
    Still not tasted one myself yet!
    Put your green toms next to a ripe banana - apparently the banana gives off ? ethanol which helps the tomatoes to ripen. Tried it once in a greenhouse, it worked but stank the greenhouse out of banana!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!