Sunday 1 September 2019

A Prayer After That Envelope Has Been Opened

In recent days, various friends [or their children] have received exam results - and for many this will affect the direction of their lives over the next few months and years. Some are rejoicing that they got the grades they wanted, and therefore a place at their original choice of academic course. Others are having to rethink their plans. I'm truly grateful that my girls are beyond this stage of life - and Rosie has a while to go before she encounters it. 
A friend posted this prayer on Facebook. [thank you Sarah] It's based on Romans 8; 38,39.  I thought it was a good one to share with those who are at this stressful point in life 

Jesus,
Keep reminding me of the bigger picture over the next few weeks,
Keep me in your hands when all other hands disappear,
For I am convinced that neither entry requirements nor exam results,
neither anticipation nor doubts, neither success nor failure, nor any expectations,
neither last minute fears nor anxieties, nor anything else in life, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Please, don’t let me forget it!
Amen

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that my children are past this too - only trouble is that the grandchildren will start facing it within a couple of years! When my daughter was going to get her GCSE results (age 16) she said that she would either call into see me at work (if it was good news) or phone me. I waited anxiously all morning and then got a call from the receptionist to say 'your daughter's in reception'. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is 12, and loves school, so I’m dreading this phase of her life. You always want them to feel a sense of self worth no matter what

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!