Sunday 8 September 2019

The OTHER Rev Bob ?

A very oddly labelled envelope came through the letterbox last week
As far as I know, there is no other Rev Bob Almond! We suspect that when Bob filled in the form it said Mr/Mrs/Ms/Other - and he ticked Other/Rev.
Steph is fascinated that the Other Rev Bob loves at the same address. Maybe there are two, and they are sharing the workload.
But as Bob said to the diners at our Thursday OAP Lunch Club, your name is important. We get uncomfortable when people mispronounce our name, or shorten it [I'm Ang never Angie] or worse, forget it completely. We like to be sure we have got another person's name right. 
It is a great comfort to me that God knows me personally, he calls me by name, the loves me, and he always gets it right. When life seems tough, I read Isaiah 43, which begins "Fear not, I have called you by name, you are mine..."

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if the other Rev Bob Almond also has a wife called Angela! I know from Google there are few that share my full name. In our village there was one other entry listed in the phone book with the same surname (it is a Kent name so very uncommon here in the North)and they happened to have the same initial as my husband (but she was female) she lived only yards from us and we used to get calls for her all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...a rose by any other name..." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The computer thinks it is a new ecclesiastical title!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of Anglican Clergy called "The Right Reverend" but never before have I encountered "The Other Reverend"

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!