Wednesday 19 June 2024

Pretty In Pink

 

I picked this up in a Charity Shop a few months back. It was originally written in Japanese. The styles are classic, and simple, and all the patterns are included, for 24 outfits for little girls aged 2-10. There's an excellent review here
Jess was three last week, so I was delighted to get out my lovely new sewing machine [again!] and make her two summer outfits. She does like pink!

A pink summer dress, and a little two piece- a cross back top and matching shorts. Both of which I hope she will enjoy wearing and find cool and comfortable when [if?] we get hot sunny days.

I saved on fabric by using bias binding - although the book gives instructions for making your own binding. I used vintage buttons on both items, and pretty star stitches on the machine to decorate the pockets.
The fabrics came from Anglian Fashion Fabrics, and I got a discount because I belong to the Costume and Textiles Association. I do love the bees and strawberries print. 


28 comments:

  1. Aren't they gorgeous!! You are clever. That cross back design is so stylish and clever! I hope we get a picture of her modelling them! Kezzie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to see her modelling them! And I love cross back designs

      Delete
  2. Not sure if my comment got printed, hope so but if not I said - I have fabric envy the bees and strawberries fabric is delightful and I am sure Jess will be thrilled with her new outfits. You are a clever and gifted Grandma. Regards Sue H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue. Your original comment arrived quite a while after this one! I'm glad to have found a good fabric shop in Norwich. I miss Fabricland in Dorset.

      Delete
  3. Both outfits are so cute! You are so very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela, those are adorable! You are a talented seamstress. I love little girl outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, lovely garments. I do like the cross back design and both fabrics are very pretty. Anglian Fabrics certainly have a vast selection of very gorgeous fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the staff are friendly and helpful too

      Delete
    2. They are, always cheerful and ready to give good advice too.

      Delete
  6. Those little outfits are super cute!
    I remember fabricland in Dorset - a great place for any crafter.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fantastic shop, with excellent prices

      Delete
  7. Beautiful garments. Ang. You should go on Sewing Bee🐝. I am sure Jess will love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. Much as I like Patrick, I don't think Sewing Bee is my thing!

      Delete
  8. It reminded me of the years I spent making little dresses for my first grand daughter, who was a real 'frilly' little girl! Now she's 33 I dont think she would appreciate frills any more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great book for you to use, with 2 girls to sew for! The dress and top and shorts are very classy and I'm sure Jess will be delighted with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of lovely dresses, I want to make them all

      Delete
  10. My comment must have got lost yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blame Blogger,I'm sure it was a good comment,yours always are, Ann

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, I was just saying how much I would love the shorts and apron set for myself!

      Delete
    3. We will see Jess tomorrow. She hasn't opened our gift yet!

      Delete
  11. The little pink dress and cross back outfit are lovely. Great sewing job. I'm sure Jess will look lovely in them both.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!