Thursday 24 October 2013

Following the Thread…

So satisfying to turn this hopeless tangle…

IMG_0924

…into this lovely rainbow of usable lengths of embroidery silk.

IMG_0949 There were just a few paper bands round some skeins. I know the Anchor brand – but Don Maid is new to me. I think they were a haberdashery firm in the 1950s also producing knitting patterns - does anyone have any more information about this company?

IMG_0950

Thank you for all the kind comments. We are taking it easy and resting lots – and very pleased to have Liz and Jon staying with us for the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. That is some impressive sorting!! The kind of thing that I would find impossible - due to (a) my lack of patience (b) my surfeit of cats who enjoy chasing threads. TBH knitting is a big enough challenge with the cats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An array of lovely colours. I got a large bundle of embroidery thread from a car boot a couple of years back. A job for L during half term, I think.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first bundle is almost irresistible. I use mini zip lock bags sometimes, when I can get them. WS xxx

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!