Friday 28 October 2016

Christmas Craftiness

Two books from the library this week.  Halfyard Christmas wasn't very inspiring.  It was a bit too much burlap and bunting for me. 
Handmade Christmas was a lot more fun.  Many of the crafts are by Clare Youngs.  I read her "Christmas Crafting in no time"  last  October.  Some of the crafts are repeats from that book,  but it did give me a few ideas.  
We're having a Craft Fair at UCF in December  and I want to make some bits to sell. 
But I was also given a book this week  by a friend.  She said it has been on her bookshelf for years and she didn't think she'd ever get round to using it. 

I've had fun knitting a mini jumper and pair of mittens from patterns in the book as a thank you gift  for her. I made a little coathanger for the jumper from a pipe cleaner wrapped in tape. 



I really enjoy autumn evenings when I can sit and do festive knitting and stitching 

4 comments:

  1. You're so good. I am still only thinking about baking the cake this next week off...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! Well done, Ang!
    Aw, I love the "feeling" of craft fairs. I haven't been to one for a long time so I don't know if they are similar to what they used to me, but years ago they were so pleasurable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, those things are tiny! I'm sure your friend will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great being able to borrow the books and not make the 'mistake' of buying them if they aren't very good. I've borrowed some 'learn to knit' books from the library and glad I did it that way! Some of them will be promptly going back.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!