Thursday 27 October 2016

Yes, Prime Minister?

I am dreadful at the cinema - we are intently watching the film and I'll whisper to Bob "Oooh look, its what-is-name!" - or worse "I know that actress, who is she?" 
When we went to see "Inferno" this week [an early birthday treat for Bob] I saw two actors who have played Prime Ministers in the past - Paul Ritter, who was a brilliant John Major, in 'The Audience' with Helen Mirren, and Sidse Babett Knudsen, who played the fictional Birgitte, the Danish PM in Borgen.
I won't say too much about the film, as I don't want to give any spoilers. Bob had just read Dan Brown's book.
He says it is fairly close to the book, but some plot details have been changed or omitted to simplify it for the screen. As well as spotting favourite actors, I really enjoyed seeing the parts of the film shot in Florence - I went there with Steph about 15 years ago. It is a truly beautiful city, and shots of the Uffizi, Ponte Vecchio, and Boboli Gardens brought back many happy memories. 
I think I'd give this **** - but I admit to enjoying most of Tom Hanks' films. I think he is definitely the 'Jimmy Stewart' of his generation, and comes across in interviews as an all-round nice guy [with a surprising fondness for old fashioned manual typewriters] It is 10 years since The Da Vinci Code hit the screens. Here's the official trailer






















And one final thing, whilst we are on the subject of Prime Ministers - I am not making any political statement here, but it does amuse me that the current occupant of Number 10 shares her name with a well known manufacturer of hair products!

1 comment:

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!